Friday, December 6, 2013

Blow me....


If you read this blog, you know that three years ago I had the worst SL boyfriend known to man.  I am not exaggerating, he was all the Second Life romantic nightmares you have ever heard rolled up into one Demon Spawn. I am serious when I say that this guy did everything but beat me or give me VD.

I am nothing if not an overachiever!

So!  Three tumultuous years later he refuses to disappear from my life and every time he resurfaces I have to deal with the ensuing emotional backlash.  Finally, this November I decided to deal with him once and for all by saying "Fuck it, lets be friends."  It was what we were good at anyway, as he never seemed to have any carnal urges in my direction.

Things were going brilliantly, I really thought I would have adjustment issues and was shocked to find I did not.  Then, on Thanksgiving day, he casually mentioned to me that he is gay.

It was the best thing he could have done for me.  Well, other than being honest in the beginning I mean.  This was the missing piece.  This made it all make sense.  And this was all I needed to close the book on him for good.

I admit the shock was intense at first.  Then the abject humiliation was suffocating.  But now I know that trusting him reflects well on me and poorly on him, not the other way around.  Sometimes, showing vulnerability is the absolute strongest thing you can ever do.  In fact, usually it is.

The mind is a wonderful thing and I started singing this song a lot, before I realized its significance.  Expect it during my upcoming shows, it is a moral imperative even if it is impossible to sing (I mean, Pink can't even sing it, it's the product of terrific audio editing).  And don't be surprised if I fade away from the mic at times, there is a lot of dancing going on over here!

Usually I would post the significant song lyrics here but the whole damn song is significant so just dance and let the release wash over you like it has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment